Join us as we sit down with Amy Salo, CFP®, CAP®, CExP™, a passionate advocate for increasing female representation in the financial industry. Despite the immense potential for women in finance, only 17% of financial advisors and planners are currently women.
Amy is on a mission to change this landscape. Through her vision, she aims to drive economic mobility within our communities by fostering a culture that not only attracts, but also develops and retains women in advisory roles, staff positions, and agency leadership. She firmly believes that as an industry, we have the capacity to excel further.
Here at Purse Strings, we talk a lot about how the financial industry is primarily male-dominated. However, amidst this narrative emerges a powerful truth – women stand as the most influential force in the market today. Join us as we learn more about Amy’s story, the realities of being in the business, and share why it is the perfect time for women to join and reshape the industry.
Here are some key topics we’ll discuss in this episode:
- With more women entering the workforce and gaining control over finances, there’s a need for female financial advisors who can cater to their unique needs and preferences.
- The potential for women to excel in financial advisory roles due to their natural skills like empathy, listening, and the desire to help others.
- The financial services industry can offer women flexibility in their careers, allowing them to balance family commitments while building a successful practice.
- A mentor can provide guidance, boost confidence, and help navigate the challenges that come with the career, especially for women entering the male-dominated financial profession.
- While licensing may seem daunting, a supportive organization and on-the-job learning can help individuals acquire these qualifications over time.
Learn More about Amy:
Check out Amy’s Webinar:
This podcast is for informational purposes only. Guest speakers and their firms are not affiliated with or endorsed by PAS or Guardian, and opinions stated are their own. Registered Representative and Financial Advisor of Park Avenue Securities LLC (PAS). OSJ: 200 BROADHOLLOW ROAD, SUITE 405, MELVILLE NY, 11747, 631-5895400. Securities products and advisory services offered through PAS, member FINRA, SIPC. Financial Representative of The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America® (Guardian), New York, NY. PAS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Guardian. FOREST HILLS FINANCIAL GROUP is not an affiliate or subsidiary of PAS or Guardian. CA Insurance License Number – 0L64608, 2023-159059. Exp 08/2025
Join the Purse Strings Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/pursestringsco/
To learn more about money and access additional episodes, visit us online: https://pursestrings.co/