Welcome back to Women and Money: The Shit We Don’t Talk About! In today’s episode, we are joined by Meg McKeen, CIC. Meg is the founder of Adjunct Advisors. She’s a financial expert that has been in the industry for over 20 years with a focus on insurance.
In this episode, Meg shares her personal journey of breaking away from traditional expectations and finding alignment and fulfillment in her career and personal life. She reflects on her transition from a traditional job in the insurance industry to starting her own consultancy, which allowed her to work on her own terms and live by her values. We explore her decision to leave her long-time home in Chicago and embrace a digital nomad lifestyle, traveling around the country while running her business.
Through careful planning and letting go of material possessions, she shares the freedom and joy she’s discovered in being present and finding happiness anywhere. Join us as we delve into her inspiring story of taking risks, embracing change, and finding contentment in the present moment.
Here’s what we’ll discuss in this episode:
- Meg introduces herself and shares the journey that led to Adjunct Advisor. (2:58)
- How Meg started her digital nomad journey. (8:44)
- How Meg has gone about planning her traveling journey. (17:21)
- What finances look like as a digital nomad. (26:31)
- How Meg runs her business while traveling at the same time. (32:55)
- “Be open to twists and turns…” Meg’s advice to our listeners. (42:48)
Check out Meg’s podcast!
Join the Purse Strings Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/pursestringsco/
To learn more about money and access additional episodes, visit us online: https://pursestrings.co/