Divorce can be a turbulent journey fraught with emotional and financial challenges. Trying to navigate the financial maze of splitting assets, dealing with taxes, cash flow, and retirement implications can be incredibly overwhelming. That’s why we want to introduce you to Jennifer Merida, a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst at Grace Financial Consulting, who has her own powerful story about making mistakes through her divorce but using that to empower herself.
Jennifer’s experience is not just about survival, but also about transformation. She used her personal trials to shape her professional triumphs, becoming a CDFA and using her experiences to guide women through the financial intricacies of divorce. She unraveled the importance of having a CDFA on your team during a divorce and how it could be a game-changer.
Having someone who understands the financial intricacies can save you from financial mishaps and can help you make informed decisions that will protect your financial future. Jennifer also touched on the importance of being part of a network of professionals who specialize in serving women in financial aspects.
Today we’ll lean on her 22 years of experience in financial planning to provide guidance and tips for anyone that might be in this position.
Here’s some of what we discuss in this episode:
- When Jennifer went through her own divorce, she was overconfident to a fault and didn’t have someone to help her avoid some of the mistakes she made.
- So many women just want to get the divorce over, for good reason, and they rush through the process.
- Learn what role the CDFA plays in the process and why they are so valuable for getting your finances in order to start your new life.
- Tips on actions you need to take if you’re thinking about a divorce or going through one now.
- Why she thinks we should approach divorce and the small details like we do our wedding day.
Learn more about Jennifer and the services she financial services she offers.
Get our free Divorce Prep Check List that will give you some action items to take now.