Today we have the pleasure of being back with Cathy Sikorski, Esq. Cathy is an elder lawyer, but now majorly uses her knowledge and skills to speak and write about all things financial care in aging. Cathy has been a caregiver for the last 20 years and has an extensive background in dealing with Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security. She’s also always sure to keep us laughing!
In today’s episode, we will discuss the impact of the aging demographic in America, where over 10,000 people are turning 65 every day. We’ll explore ways to prepare for this reality and make the road smoother for the daughters who will statistically bear the brunt of caregiving responsibilities in the future. Cathy will also discuss the impact of the Secure Act 2.0 on the long-term care space, the importance of having a power of attorney, and why you need to work with experts when dealing with your financial future.
As always, Cathy has an amazing wealth of knowledge to share with us today. Don’t miss this impactful episode where she shares why women need to step up and speak up in order to create a beautiful financial future for themselves.
Here’s some of what you’ll learn in this episode:
- Cathy shares more about herself and explains the difference between an elder lawyer and an estate lawyer. (2:24)
- The impact of the aging demographic and the importance of setting up the next generation for success. (4:34)
- How the Secure Act 2.0 affects the long-term care space and the importance of a power of attorney. (10:03)
- Cathy discusses the impact of the Social Security raise. (19:10)
- The importance of talking to a Medicare expert. (22:09)
- Cathy talks about when to take Social Security. (25:24)
Learn more about Cathy:
Email Cathy for your 30-minute conversation: firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out 12 Conversations
Check out Who Moved My Teeth
Join the Purse Strings Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/pursestringsco/
To learn more about money and access additional episodes, visit us online: https://pursestrings.co/