As more and more women get comfortable in the world of finance, they’re starting to explore different investment options and learn more about what their money can do.
Today’s guest is someone we’re excited to talk to because she works in the world of private equity, which is an unfamiliar space for a lot of people. Kelly Winget is the founder of Alternative Wealth Partners, a solo-founded, openly-gay, female private equity firm. As you can imagine, she’s one of the few people in the country that can boast that business.
We invited her on today to teach us a thing or two about private equity and how it works. If you’ve ever had an interest in this, our conversation today will introduce you to this investment and how it’s structured. When we met Kelly, we knew she had so much to offer so we’re excited to jump into her world to learn more.
Here’s some of what you’ll learn on this episode:
- How learning about taxes at a very young age and selling car washes eventually led to her career in private equity. (2:48)
- She’s breaking these long-held biases by bringing in new communities to this world. (10:32)
- Why she wants more women investing in this alternative space at least a little bit. (13:34)
- The process for investing with Kelly and what to expect from that investment. (17:13)
- Why she feels confidence is the most important quality to have with anything you do. (20:50)
Join the Purse Strings Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/pursestringsco/
To learn more about money and access additional episodes, visit us online: https://pursestrings.co/