- Insurance regulations vary by state
- There are many regional variations as well – depending on risk factors such as floods, hurricanes, wild fires, and earthquakes (among others)
- Even at the neighborhood level, things such as how close your home is to a fire department, a fire hydrant, a major roadway, or a river, factor into the insurance company’s risk equation
- Important terms you will need to know when talking with your agent about your Homeowners or renters insurance policies.
- What insurance companies want to know about you before they will insure your home or apartment
- The two basic types of homeowner’s insurance policies.
- How to calculate what it would cost to rebuild your home so that you know how much coverage you will need.
- How insurance companies share information with each other about your claims.
Motor Vehicle Report
Did You Know
Half of adults age 50 and over have not discussed retirement health care costs with their spouse.